IBER does not maintain job listings for GSR positions. Graduate students and faculty who would like to make a GSR appointment should review the requirements below. When a hiring selectino is made, the hiring faculty member will contact RES (Research Enterprise Services) on campus. RES in turn will contact the GSR with instructions regarding where to go to fill out paperwork.
The following are the minimum requirements for GSR appointment eligibility:
- Students must be registered by the end of the third week of classes during the semester in which they hold an appointment. The definition of registration is:
- Enrolled in at least one class (separate from minimum 8 unit requirement to hold an appointment).
- Paid a minimum of 20% of assessed fees/tuition.
- Have no registration blocks.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 8 units by the end of the third week of class
and maintain the units for the entire semester.
- Students on filing fee status are not eligible to hold GSR appointments.
- Students must have minimum 3.1 GPA
- Students must have no more than 2 incomplete grades in upper division or graduate courses.
- Students must be making satisfactory degree progress, which includes meeting program benchmarks, not being on academic probation or in lapsed candidacy, and meeting goals set by the faculty.
- If appointment (or a combination of appointments) exceeds 50%, a Request for Exception Form is required.
GSR Hiring Procedures:
- Principal Investigator (PI) or academic department submits GSR Appointment Form to HR (at RES).
- HR verifies availability of funding with PI's Research Administrator.
- HR contacts GSR regarding (re-)hire documents as well as obtains GSR signature on GSR appointment form verifying % effort.
For more information, please see the RES site's HR page:
You might also want to check GSR FAQ page within this IBER site.